The Dublin Rape Crisis Centre was set up in 1979 for the purpose of working to prevent the harm and heal the trauma of sexual violence.
This national organisation works with men and women to prevent sexual violence and to eliminate its tolerance in society through education, training and awareness-raising campaigns.
Their services include telephone counselling through a National 24 Hour Helpline, face to face counselling, training, outreach services, awareness raising, lobbying and accompaniment services. The RCC also act as advocates, on behalf of survivors of sexual violence to help ensure that they have access to responsive and sensitive services provided by law enforcement officials, medial personnel and the courts.
They offer a safe and confidential space. In contact with clients, they keep the person at the centre and help empower the individual in all the work they do.
If you are reading this passage and are affected by any off the issues, we encourage you to take the next steps and call the RCC helpline at 1800 77 888.
• Last year ISTO raised €6,402.12 for Pieta House, an Irish Mental Health Charity.
• This year, we want to raise that and more!
• Every donation, no matter how big or small, will make a huge difference in preventing the harm and healing the trauma of rape and other forms of sexual violence.
• Please contact us about any club fundraisers you have planned for our chosen charity. Send us lots of updates and photos!
• We will be collecting any donations from now until the weekend of ISTO 2021.
• The ISTO Charity Cup will go to the club that makes the most effort to raise money for this worthy cause throughout the year.
• To find out more about the RCC please visit their website https://www.drcc.ie/